The Blue Lady


 Yes I am a woman 

And pink is not my colour 


I am dusky and plump 

And I do not compromise

 I do not mean to be desirable

 But to achieve everything desirable 

Yes I am a woman 

And pink is not my colour


 I am not a princess or a fairy 

I am a queen and a majesty 

I am calm and serene outside 

Fire and desire burn inside 

Yes I am a woman 

And pink is not my colour 


I know how to ride 

I know how to strive 

I don't want the change

 I am the change 

I know it, I own it, I live it 

Yes, I am a women 

And I love the blue.


- Shreya Goswami, 

Content Associate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Predicament of Women Refugees in India

Across the Red Threshold: Rethinking Menstruation to Reconstruct Mentality

"Echoes of Hope Amidst Desolation: A Migrant Woman's Journey”